Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
PRODUCT DESIGN SPECIALIST (HMI & UX), PRODUCT TEAM - LOS ANGELES, CA
As a Product Design Specialist, Human Machine Interface & User Experience, you are responsible for taking high-level concepts for in-flight experiences, then bringing them to life through the design process. From user journeys, to wireframes, to high fidelity, flyable prototypes. You will work closely with an interdisciplinary team to develop the next generation of human machine interfaces that Skyryse will offer as part of its FlightOS system. You are a full stack designer that’s tool agnostic. You can produce a broad design system that works across digital and physical interfaces. Your work will conform to appropriate standards for human factors and flight safety, while also offering an entirely new vision for a pilot interface. You will help redefine the experience of flight, making it simpler and more accessible for the next generation of aviators.
- Develop and prototype UI/UX for a multi-screen aircraft cockpit
- Design interfaces and interactions that reduce pilot workload, keeps the pilot informed in the air, and makes the experience of user flying with our system delightful and intuitive
- Steward the growth of the design system as capabilities & components are added, tested, and used across a variety of platforms
- Conduct primary user research to validate product concepts and create tactical design constraints that comply with high level safety requirements
- Effectively interface with prototype engineers, certification specialists, product managers, and pilots to inform the evolution of your designs.
- Present current state, optional capabilities, collaborative ideas, and future state objectives to colleagues and leadership team members that are collaborative in nature, meet or beat milestone requirements, and accelerate our product entry into service timeline.
- Portfolio required for application
- 3+ years of experience designing user interfaces, preferably in vehicles or transportation-related industries
- Great communication skills and a history of interdisciplinary teamwork, design leadership, and collaboration with c-suite decision makers
- Familiarity with design paradigms for responsive, motion, mobile, and in-vehicle UI/UX
- Expertise with visual design tools like Figma/Sketch, Adobe Suite, and / or other applicable interactive prototyping tools.
- Experience working within a living design system, componentizing design assets, maintaining a style guide, and manipulating class-based designs
- Strong body of work that demonstrates expertise with visual design, human-centered product design, experience launching products, and articulate storytelling
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, or other embedded systems
- Experience working with product requirements documents
- Experience building personas, conducting field studies, and usability testing
- Industrial design skills, ability to CAD and work in 3D
- Understanding of agile environment software implementation
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.