Want to be one of the first 100 employees at a well-funded, fast growing start-up? After secretly developing one of the most advanced autonomous flight platforms in the world, we are preparing to launch our consumer service. We are actively hiring smart, ambitious, and purpose-driven teammates.
We’re on a mission to provide the fastest, safest, and most uplifting transportation solutions for the people and communities we serve. The Skyryse service will make it effortless to travel door-to-sky-to-door in major cities, unlocking new possibilities for how people live, work, and play. To support our efforts, we are embedding the world’s most advanced perception technology into our aircraft.
Our team is comprised of brand builders, aerospace experts, and leaders from Moog, Blue Origin, Collins Aerospace, Tesla, Virgin, Uber, SpaceX, the U.S. Military and other top organizations.
Location: Skyryse HQ, El Segundo and Hawthorne, CA
Why this role is mission critical:
We are developing the most advanced flight control and automation technology in the world. The only way to finally prove and improve the technology is through flight test. In this role, you will be developing the most creative flight test plans and cards while ensuring safety of flight. You will be frequently sit next to our chief pilot and operate the flight instrumentation, which may be designed by yourself, to flawlessly execute the test cards. You will also directly support our FAA certification flight campaign and commercial Urban Air Taxi fleet operations.
- Develop and maintain developmental and formal flight test plans, flight test cards and test report for company advanced R&D, marketing survey flight and FAA certification. Work closely with company Chief Test Pilot, FAA Pilot DER and FAA Pilots to support all the flight test campaigns.
- Evaluate and select the flight instrumentation and telemetry systems, develop Go/NoGo parameters and conduct post-flight data analysis; collaborate with Aircraft Integration REs to ensure the FT instrumentations are safe for flight.
- Support flight squawks creations, troubleshooting and drive the engineering team or/and suppliers to close critical flight squawks.
- May also support company Part 135 Flight Ops Team to establish robust urban flight routes and operation procedures.
- Bachelor degree in aerospace engineering, systems engineering or other aerospace related field.
- 3+ years hands on experience of creating rotorcraft or fixed wing aircraft flight test plans and test cards
- Excellent understanding of both flight dynamic and operations
- Proficient in analyzing and plotting flight test data using Matlab or similar tools and then generate appropriate formal report
- Good understanding of most common flight instrumentation and Safety of Flight workflow
- Can-do attitude to create something from scratch
- Masters or PhD degree in aerospace engineering, systems engineering or other aerospace related field
- 5+ years experience as a Flight Test Engineer for civil or military aircraft with rotorcraft development preferred
- Rotorcraft or fixed wing pilot license and have more than 500 flight hours
Reporting: This position reports to the Director of Integration and Certification
Benefits & perks: Join us in our brand new office, own part of the business as an equity holder, enjoy free helicopter rides, and have 100% of your insurance premiums covered.
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.