Want to be one of the first 100 employees at a well-funded, fast growing start-up? After secretly developing one of the most advanced autonomous flight platforms in the world, we are preparing to launch our consumer service. We are actively hiring smart, ambitious, and purpose-driven teammates.
We’re on a mission to provide the fastest, safest, and most uplifting transportation solutions for the people and communities we serve. The Skyryse service will make it effortless to travel door-to-sky-to-door in major cities, unlocking new possibilities for how people live, work, and play. To support our efforts, we are embedding the world’s most advanced perception technology into our aircraft.
Our team is comprised of brand builders, aerospace experts, and leaders from Moog, Blue Origin, Collins Aerospace, Tesla, Virgin, Uber, SpaceX, the U.S. Military and other top organizations.
Location: Skyryse HQ, El Segundo, CA
Why this role is mission critical:
Skyryse is developing the most advanced flight automation technology for future Urban Commercial Aviation. All the technology may not have any precedence and requires early requirements validation, early pilot evaluations, quick prototyping, and exhaustive verifications before deployment to our aircraft fleet. In this role, you are building the state-of-the-art integration laboratory and flight simulator, also known as Iron Bird or SEL (Skyryse Engineering Lab), to provide the high fidelity simulation and test bed for the technology development and aircraft certifications. This role is also highly visible to our investors, customers and all other teams because you will also lead the live technology demonstration and flight experience.
- Develop and manage the most advanced Integration/Test Lab. to enable high fidelity Laboratory/Ground flight simulations, control laws and algorithm early validations, informal test and formal verification for FAA certifications
- Establish and maintain the configuration management of the SEL hardware, harness, software and other parameters; Able to support FAA conformity inspections.
- Manage the Lab schedule and inventory for highest efficiency, less down time and maximum utilizations.
- Participate in the aero models, vehicle models, system models, environment models and other aircraft models development and integrate them into SEL
- Hands on to install/modify/rig hardware, software and electrical wiring harness
- Bachelor degree in any engineering discipline, or 4 more years working experience in the absence of BS degree
- 3+ years hands on experience of HIL, IronBird and other similar integrated test facilities for high fidelity flight simulation environments
- In-depth understanding of one or many of the following systems: actuator/servo/control systems, air/inertial/position/other navigation sensors, electrical/electrical wiring systems, display/alert/warning systems
- Skillful in one or many of the following programming/tools/equipment: Matlab/Simulink, dSpace ControlDesk/AutoDesk/ConfigurationDesk tool set, X-Plane simulator, Oscilloscope/Signal generator/Power/other general lab equipment, CAN/ARINC bus analyzer, etc.
- Can-do attitude to build Test Facility from ground zero
- Small engineering/technical team management experience
- Masters or PhD degree in one of the following engineering disciplines: system engineering, mechanical, aerospace, EE, physics, software engineering
- 5+ years hands on experience of aircraft level IronBird/ITF building experience
- Basic understanding of FAA conformity or military Lab commissions inspections
- Previous hands-on dSpace Lab. embedded computers and Simulink/Matlab software development or integration experience
Reporting: This position reports to the Director of Integration and Certification
Benefits & perks: Join us in our brand new office, own part of the business as an equity holder, and have 100% of your insurance premiums covered.
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.