Want to be one of the first 100 employees at a well-funded, fast growing start-up? After having developed one of the most advanced flight technologies in the world, we are preparing to launch our consumer service. We are actively hiring smart, ambitious and purpose-driven teammates.
We’re on a mission to provide the fastest, safest and most uplifting transportation solutions for the people and communities we serve. Our service will make it effortless to travel door-to-sky-to-door in major cities, unlocking new possibilities for how people live, work, and play. To support our efforts, we are embedding the world’s most advanced perception technology into our aircraft.
Our team is comprised of aerospace experts, engineers and leaders from Tesla, Robinson, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, the U.S. Military and other top organizations.
Location: Skyryse HQ in El Segundo and Hawthorne, CA
Why this role is mission critical:
As the Director of perception, you will be setting the technical direction for the people architecting and implementing all systems related to determining the aircraft and environment’s state. You are responsible for sensor selection to stochastic determination.
- Masters or PhD degree in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Deep expertise in one or more of the following: Robotics, 3D perception, sensor processing, localization, mapping
- Ability to lead teams that have produced algorithms for complex dynamic systems
- Experience in Traffic and obstacle detection -- ADSB, Radar, other
- Knowledge in Localization -- beyond GPS, including SLAM style and navaids
- Experience producing certifiable safety-critical code
- Ability to create new teams and develop new capabilities within a startup
- A player/coach who can fluidly change gears from creating alignment around your technical vision to executing with the teams responsible for embedded products
Benefits & perks: Join us in our brand new office, own part of the business as an equity holder, and have 100% of your employee insurance premiums covered.
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.