Want to be one of the first 50 employees at a well-funded, fast growing start-up? After having developed one of the most advanced flight technologies in the world, we are preparing to launch our consumer service. We are actively hiring smart, ambitious and purpose-driven teammates.
We’re on a mission to provide the fastest, safest and most uplifting transportation solutions for the people and communities we serve. Our service will make it effortless to travel door-to-sky-to-door in major cities, unlocking new possibilities for how people live, work, and play. To support our efforts, we are embedding the world’s most advanced perception technology into our aircraft.
Our team is comprised of aerospace experts, engineers and leaders from Tesla, Robinson, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, the U.S. Military and other top organizations.
Location: Skyryse HQ, Hawthorne, CA
Why this role is mission critical:
As the Director leading the Platform and Avionics team, you will be setting the technical direction for the people architecting and implementing the hardware and software platform that makes safe, reliable, autonomous flight possible. This includes system and board level design of safety critical computational platforms from schematic to layout, integration of a host of new and veteran sensor technologies, and rapid prototyping of your designs.
- Emotionally intelligent, team-oriented and ambitious
- Ability to create new teams and develop new capabilities within a startup
- A player/coach who can fluidly change gears from creating alignment around your technical vision to executing with the teams responsible for embedded products
- Experience leading teams that have produced production grade avionics for complex dynamic systems, ideally for full scale aircraft.
- Experience developing systems with certifiable safety-critical hardware
- MS in EE, Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science or equivalent.
Benefits & perks: Join us in our brand new office, own part of the business as an equity holder, enjoy free helicopter rides, and have 100% of your employee insurance premiums covered.
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.