Want to be one of the first 50 employees at a well-funded, fast growing start-up? After having developed one of the most advanced flight technologies in the world, we are preparing to launch our consumer service. We are actively hiring smart, ambitious and purpose-driven teammates.
We’re on a mission to provide the fastest, safest and most uplifting transportation solutions for the people and communities we serve. Our service will make it effortless to travel door-to-sky-to-door in major cities, unlocking new possibilities for how people live, work, and play. To support our efforts, we are embedding the world’s most advanced perception technology into our aircraft.
Our team is comprised of aerospace experts, engineers and leaders from Tesla, Robinson, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, the U.S. Military and other top organizations.
Location: Skyryse HQ, Hawthorne, CA
Why this role is mission critical:
We want to create the world’s first intra-urban air transportation platform, drastically reducing travel time. You will have a chance to shape how this service will be launched across cities as well as the consumer perception of Skyryse.
We are looking for someone to lead Skyryse's efforts to build an ecosystem and political environment in Los Angeles that welcomes the future of transportation. You will report to the Head of Policy and be an instrumental member of the team in charting strategic growth opportunities, driving new partnerships and expansion into new cities, as well as interfacing directly with government leaders for successful market launch.
This is an outward facing role, one that is both a strategic and tactical; you'll need to be capable of articulating a vision measured in years and delivering results measured in days. We need leaders who can not only execute on a plan, but also define it; lead a team, but also build one from scratch; someone who can do but also delegate.
- Build and lead a team to shape the regulatory and policy frameworks needed for Skryse to succeed and thrive
- Manage and drive consulting and third party resources to share our viewpoint
- Create local and state policy partnerships and initiatives to pave the way for favorable regulations for future growth
- Support our national policy campaigns, often in collaboration with other companies advancing the future of aviation
- You have at least half a decade of experience working with some combination of government and public policy, campaigning or policy lobbying
- You care about the impact of technology on the places where people live and work, and you want to ensure new technologies support and are supported by the communities where they operate
- You know how to translate the raw political data points into actionable insights for the business
- You're respectful of colleagues, with strong interpersonal skills, and independent
- You are biased toward action, and possess an ability to quickly learn from and improve upon mistakes
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- You have a proven track record of going zero to one in an organization and growing along with a company
- You've hired and led teams on policy campaigns to successfully enable transformative technology in an urban environment
- You know Southern California deeply and have a record of partnering with local authorities to help improve equitable access to transportation
Benefits & perks: Join us in our brand new office, own part of the business as an equity holder, enjoy free helicopter rides, and have 100% of your employee insurance premiums covered.
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.