ROLE: Sr Software Engineer - Full Stack Development
Reporting to: Principal Engineer - Software Development
Every company wants to change the world, and we are doing it. Skylo’s unique service allows standard cellular devices to simply connect directly over both cellular and satellite networks seamlessly for data, messaging, SOS and other critical applications. We are bringing hybrid cellular - satellite connectivity to ordinary cellular devices.
We have an open opportunity to join our team as a Sr Software Engineer - Full Stack Development, onsite, in Bangalore, India to develop and maintain technology assets and partnerships for a next generation Satellite IoT service.
Work Experience: 4~10 years
- Design, development, and support of distributed cloud-based application services and components.
- Designing the application services and components using best practices for deployment in highly scalable cloud-based environments.
- Developing backend codebase for the application services and components using Java/GoLang, GCP Pub/Sub, MongoDB/SQL DB, and Web hook integration.
- Providing standardized REST API interfaces for these applications, additionally including building Swagger, Postman, or other test and validation capabilities.
- Integrating the application services and components with 3rd party application systems.
- Design and implement front end solutions for internal & external facing applications when needed.
- Defining component test scenarios and test cases, component testing and unit testing, code coverage and API test automation
- Build and deployment using Jira, Jenkin, GCR/GKE
- Work with platform engineering teams to quickly iterate on and deploy application components.
- Self Managing Engineer and work with internal stakeholders on design specifications to iterate on feature development
- Establish a disciplined development and deployment process so that software ships on time and at a very high level of quality. Validate and deliver high quality code using tests.
- Provide L3/L4 engineer support to network operations teams for enterprise applications and components as required.
- 4+ years experience in professional software development using OOP and distributed microservices.
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Programming capabilities with experience in Java or/and Go Language and at least one front end technology - AngularJS, ReactJS, Flutter.
- Experience in developing microservices using spring-boot framework or using go lang framework.
- Excellent knowledge and implementation skills of data schema design and developing efficient SQL queries. Strong experience building services using SQL DB and MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of stream processing systems and message queues like GCP pub-sub.
- Experienced in REST API design and protocol design across different network layers.
- Experience in building stable and scalable server components/features preferred.
- Distributed systems knowledge for massive horizontal scaling.
- Working experience on using kubernetes, docker, Jenkins pipeline and GCP.
- Should have quality focus with demonstrable skills using test frameworks.
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills.