ROLE: Principal Engineer - OSS/BSS
Reporting to: Director, Enterprise Applications & IT
Every company wants to change the world, and we are doing it. Skylo’s unique service allows standard cellular devices to simply connect directly over both cellular and satellite networks seamlessly for data, messaging, SOS and other critical applications. We are bringing hybrid cellular - satellite connectivity to ordinary cellular devices.
We have an open opportunity to join our team as a Principal Engineer - OSS/BSS, onsite, in Bangalore, India to develop and maintain technology assets and partnerships for a next generation Satellite IoT service.
- Define & implement the solution in the OSS area for operations management, including systems for NOC covering inventory, monitoring, intelligence, automation and service management.
- Define & implement the solution in the BSS areas across CRM, Billing & other systems for product management, finance & sales teams.
- Manage, engineer, architect, develop and maintain applications in network management, OSS, FCAPS & BSS Space.
- Work closely with external partners to define and project manage the implementation of various systems
- Implement governance and controls to monitor and manage consumption and compliance with security and other standards.
- Building a team, training new team members, providing performance feedback and quality improvement initiatives.
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and implement features based on service line demand, industry trends, known defects, and issues.
- Work with solution design peers in the other spaces Network Edge, IT OSS and other operational teams and define implementation roadmap and scope sprints to deliver faster business outcomes working across the teams.
- Build internal, external and third-party supplier relationships to ensure full commitment and support in execution of the design.
- Set and manage right expectations at different levels including clients and internal stakeholders with a vision towards long term relationships
- Drive strong engineering practices in the team
- Skilled in life cycle management of OSS & BSS tools/solutions including requirements analysis, platform selection, technical architecture design, application design & development, testing and deployment.
- Experience in integration of OSS to BSS components.
- Experience of delivering in Agile Methodologies
- Seasoned in project & vendor management activities - Project scoping, resource planning, scheduling and tracking with 5-10 years of structured project management or scrum master experience
- Experience of successfully implementing an IT strategy through business planning
- Evidence of delivering high quality, customer focused services
- Structured Project Management skills, Prince2, PMI, SAFe or any other certification within project management demonstrated customer journey experience in service industry, preferably telecom
- Experience in building either the monitoring tools for a NOC and/or CRM & Billing solutions is preferred
- Mindset of working in a startup environment & delving into project across boundaries
- Quick learner being able to learn new technologies & domains is highly desirable
- Highly collaborative and hands-on leader
- Highly passionate for building technology capability to deliver a business vision
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and management