Skylo Technologies is hiring a Radio Access Network (RAN) Engineer to join our Network Planning and Engineering team to implement Skylo's vision of building out a carrier-grade Satellite IOT network. This role will be highly cross-functional, working across the network operations, wireless systems, and development teams. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested to stretch themselves in their network domain, and see their work have immediate global impact in the wireless industry.
- Support the planning, design and integration of Skylo’s 3GPP satellite radio access network and its associated interfaces
- Lead projects in planning and design of each RAN site with full network diagram, cabling and BoM
- Provide support in the development of test plan and methods, define test entrance, and exit criteria to validate network performance
- Develop Method of Procedure document for deployment and configuration of RAN element into the network
- Integrate the RAN site with the core and OSS and lead lighting up activities and handing over to operations
- Establish trending and relative KPIs to validation of RF performance
- Analyze data for coverage, interference, handover, and performance issues and provide recommendations for network health improvement
- Support network partner operations center integrations and operations
- Provide detailed and quantifiable feedback to system group, network operations and customer service teams to enhance network performance and quality
- Perform network acceptance validation testing
- Work with vendors to ensure meeting they're meeting their SLAs on network performance and service quality
- Provide subject matter knowledge in the areas of licensed LTE/5G macro/small cell solutions, telecom-services, security, and virtualization solutions
- Relevant degree in Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering or equivalent technical discipline is preferred
- 5+ years of related network systems engineer experience with solid knowledge of radio access principles and design
- Proficient in RF site plumbing and cabling, network switching and routing
- Automation expertise using Python or similar programming / scripting languages.
- Strong knowledge in NB-IoT and 5G-NR air interface technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Experience with 3GPP-related standards and ongoing releases
- Working experience in Lab or field installation or IOT testing is preferred
- Perform 5G-NR / LTE network performance optimization and improve network KPIs using innovative approach
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, Wireshark, Channel Simulators, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
- Hands on experience with wireless system debugging, wireless protocol analysis tools, Linux systems, Cloud (GCP preferred), Virtualization and Containerization technologies (Kubernetes preferred)
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills