Skylo Technologies is hiring a Director of Network Engineering and Planning, onsite at our office in Palo Alto or in Espoo, Finland.
This person will be responsible for designing, building, and upgrading Skylo’s first of its kind satellite cellular network. This is a dynamic role for an individual with a breadth of experience in the network service provider space who is able to define a clear vision for what success looks like in blending together satellite and terrestrial networks, drive extreme clarity in the face of uncertainty, and build a culture of trust through a results oriented approach.
- Manage end-to-end network design, development, and deployment
- Plan and integrate Skylo’s radio access and core networks with its satellite partner systems
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to define and source the constituent products and services to support Skylo’s network
- Manage market entry and service operations licenses and approvals with Support from Skylo’s regulatory team
- Perform spectrum and capacity management and planning to ensure Skylo has appropriate resources to serve its customers
- Create equipment lists, wiring diagrams, rack layouts, installation requirements and other collateral for RAN installations
- Perform network deployments with cross functional support from Skylo’s other teams
- Work with internal stakeholders to specify and deploy cloud and infrastructure resources to host Skylo’s network deployments
- Design and development network monitoring techniques and technologies which can be shared with the network operations teams
- Ensure the security of Skylo’s network infrastructure through cooperation with Skylo’s internal engineering teams and external partners
- Relevant degree in Electrical, Electronics and Communications engineering or equivalent technical discipline
- Strong knowledge of cellular 3GPP networks with an understanding of Radio Access and Core Network service elements
- Experience with wireless radio frequency systems and familiarity with basic wireless radio frequency performance parameters.
- Previous experience building and deploying wireless networks.
- Familiarity with satellite networks an added plus
- Experience building and operating engineering teams at an executive level
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills