Skylo Technologies is hiring an Engineering Project Manager, responsible for cross-functional technical project management, helping the company predictably scope and deliver on its product goals. This is a dynamic role for a driven, insightful and results-oriented individual with the ability to learn and adapt quickly, and influence product outcomes.
- Be a guardian of world-class internal stakeholder experience for your deliverables: continually raise the bar on execution velocity, project scoping & forecasting accuracy, simplicity
- Manage and help the embedded, network & platform teams deliver from inception to maintenance
- Build and maintain a complete cross-functional project schedule, make it constantly visible to management and key stakeholders, and drive projects through to completion
- Help the development teams maintain and regularly track functional OKRs
- Act as the technical interface between the business and the respective development teams. Engage with product management, sales and teams across the company -- helping to maintain clear communication and on-time delivery for engineering deliverables against the PRD
- Fundamentally understand the product/service, know the right questions and whom to ask.
- Run in front of the development teams, helping define user stories where applicable, research appropriate technical solutions, and provide guidance to the team regarding architecture, design, and priorities
- Translate feature requests into technical specifications and influence design and architectural decisions
- Work with the business to scope technical projects with an understanding of the company’s engineering operations
- Help internal decision-makers make the right feature trade-offs to ship software without compromising customer experience or business relevance
- Prior experience with OKR management and project management tools, including JIRA
- Reasonable working knowledge of embedded systems, firmware, software development
- Experience representing complex requirements to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams within a complex international organization
- Experience using data-driven process improvement tools and metrics.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with an extreme attention to detail
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define the right business strategy and develop the product roadmap to deliver it
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority, leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-complexity projects.
- PMP certification preferred
- Previous experience in a fast-moving, global scaling environment is preferred