Skylo Technologies is hiring a Sr. Mobile RAN and Core Engineer to implement Skylo's vision of building out a carrier-grade Satellite IOT network. This role will be highly cross-functional, working across the Network Engineering/Planning team, Development, QA, and Skylo’s Technical Support Center (NOC/SOC/TAC). This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested to stretch themselves in their network domain, and see their work have immediate global impact in the wireless industry.
- Lead Skylo’s vRAN deployment and satellite operations, including network planning and new service deployment
- Champion and maintain processes & best-practices to bring networks, services and devices online
- Support Skylo’s network core integration and management of our network core, including vendor management as appropriate
- Maintain strict quality standards, being able to measure, monitor and proactively respond
- Hold vendors accountable to SLAs on network performance and service quality
- Provide subject matter knowledge in the areas of licensed LTE/5G macro/small cell solutions, telecom-services, mobile packet core, security, and virtualization solutions.
- Obsessed with providing the best customer experience, and the most efficient network: deploy, operate, secure, all aspects of our RAN and network core.
- Responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting issues reported from labs through production and field environments.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new service standards and features.
- Provide detailed and quantifiable feedback to network operations and customer service teams to enhance network performance and quality
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with partners, vendors, and all internal stakeholders.
- Relevant degree in Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering or equivalent technical discipline is preferred
- 5+ years of related network systems engineer experience
- Strong knowledge in NB-IoT and5G-NR air interface technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Experience with 3GPP-related standards and ongoing releasesIn-depth understanding of RLC protocol is preferred.
- Experience with core system interfaces and protocols such as S1-MME, S1-U, S6a, S11, S5/S8, Rx, NAS, S1-AP, RRC, GTPv2c, GTP-U
- Knowledge of Policy and Charging elements within the packet core; PCEF, PCRF, PAS,OFCS, OCS
- Knowledge of GTPv2, Diameter, LDAP protocol & AVPs
- Knowledge of 3GPP Mobility Specifications applicable to Packet Core Infrastructure Nodes; GGSN, SGW, PGW, PCRFWorking experience in Lab testing and IOT testing is preferred
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, Wireshark, Channel Simulators, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
- Hands on experience with wireless system debugging, wireless protocol analysis tools, Linux systems, Cloud (GCP preferred), Virtualization and Containerization technologies (Kubernetes preferred)
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills