We are an innovative, fast-paced wireless technology company backed by Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, Boeing, SoftBank Group and DCM. We’re based in Palo Alto, and our world-class team has built the world’s first commercial direct-to-device satellite network to connect handheld devices, wearables and IoT devices anywhere.
Skylo’s unique service allows standard cellular devices to simply connect directly over both cellular and satellite networks seamlessly for data, messaging, SOS and other critical applications. We are bringing hybrid cellular - satellite connectivity to ordinary cellular devices today and are getting ready to deploy this capability through the major carriers and device makers globally.
Skylo is hiring a Director of Technical Sales to help fulfill Skylo’s vision of cellular devices roaming seamlessly across satellites, so that you’re never ‘out of coverage’ again. We are working through Mobile Network Operators and enabling the device maker ecosystem for this ground-breaking technology and service. We are looking for a hands-on experienced leader to play a foundational role partnering with MNO enterprise & IoT sales teams and working with chipset vendors, module manufacturers, and device OEMs to enable the full Skylo value chain.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Ensure service providers and device makers are supported technically and commercially for dual mode, hybrid satellite-cellular connectivity. This includes device design plus certification, interoperability, network roaming, profile switching, and any other technical issues that may arise
- Work across the entire ecosystem (chipsets, module makers, OEMs, MNOs) to ensure NTN compatibility is built into commercial modems, modules and devices
- Drive feedback from customers and partners to internal Skylo Engineering & Product Teams
- Run technology pilots with connected enterprises
- Deep understanding of LPWA and 5G technologies including current (Rel 14), upcoming (Rel 17) and future 3GPP roadmap
- Experience with solution-selling in the context of IoT modems, modules and connectivity
- Key customer advocacy - ensuring customers and partners that they have tools & documentation to be successful
- Ability to build key relationships quickly
- Outcome orientation - focused on timelines, deliverables, and key milestones
- Previous experience in a fast-moving, pre revenue startup environment a plus
- Previous experience working with MNOs and MVNOs a plus