We are an innovative, fast-paced wireless technology company backed by Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors, Boeing, SoftBank Group and DCM. We’re based in Palo Alto, and our world-class team has built the world’s first commercial direct-to-device satellite network to connect handheld devices, wearables and IoT devices anywhere.
Skylo’s unique service allows standard cellular devices to simply connect directly over both cellular and satellite networks seamlessly for data, messaging, SOS and other critical applications. We are bringing hybrid cellular - satellite connectivity to ordinary cellular devices today and are getting ready to deploy this capability through the major carriers and device makers globally.
Skylo is hiring a Director of Product Management responsible for driving our Core & Base Station roadmap in accordance with NTN & 5G standards. This role requires a strong understanding of Mobile Network Operators and 3GPP standards and evolving standards in the industry. This is a hands-on position working with an internal team, and working closely with our partner service providers (Mobile Network Operators, Mobile Virtual Network Operators), satellite partners, and connected enterprises using Skylo’s service in their solutions.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Drive Skylo’s wireless service and technology roadmap, positioning and requirements for Skylo use-cases
- Set product requirements for Skylo’s 5G base station, network core, and other key network components
- Work closely with Skylo’s Network Engineering, Operations and Firmware teams to ensure timely updates and releases
- Set & reinforce product goals - actively monitor progress and report on regular basis
- Support Skylo’s 3GPP representations, while working Mobile Network Operator customers to create a common roadmap, ensuring that Skylo aligns to standards and can integrate seamlessly
- Run technology pilots with customers
- Engage with standards bodies for standardization efforts
- Evangelize and represent Skylo benefits and value proposition to the outside world including prospective customers (direct and indirect), trade shows and analyst interactions
- Domain knowledge of 5G NR, network core, and associated 3GPP ecosystem
- Outcome orientation - focused on timelines, deliverables, and key milestones
- Relationship building with internal and external customers to implement technology roadmap
- Collaboration with OEM device makers & service providers to understand market trends - anticipate needs and translate into product requirements