The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
Skylo is hiring a Senior Product Test Engineer to implement a robust automated test and QA environment and process to ensure that our end-to-end product ensures a qualitative release . The Senior Product test lead will join our hub engineering team and play a leading role in all aspects of functional and stability test validation around Sensor Connectivity, Hub Hardware and Software along with Mobile,Cloud Platform. This individual will leverage a strong background in Software Development Engineering in a test automation environment. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for quality and a minute attention to detail who is interested in participating in building a verification platform from the ground up, and seeing their work have global impact across industries.
- Responsible in defining the roadmap and strategize the execution of test infrastructure for engineering
- Define and develop the automation frameworks for test plans around functional, Sanity and Stability of hardware and network platform.
- Build the automation platforms either by leveraging open source frameworks or using in-house development and scale them up.
- Support and align with the organizational processes towards development and release management of system features
- Support our Engineering to scale up through CI/CD and automation testing on daily and releases
- Develop test automation framework using one or more frameworks Robot, NUnit, xUnit.net, PyUnit
- Develop test automation scripts using Java, Python, Go or Ruby.
- Good knowledge in GIT, Bash on a Unix/Linux platform is a must
- Triage bugs submitted from users and other teammates, verifying issues and gathering additional details (via JIRA and applicable tools)
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate ability to build effective relationships through partnering and collaboration
- Minimum of 9+ years relevant experience in the areas of test infrastructure management and test case development.
- Experience with CI / CD, Build systems, and Source Code Control tools such as Git/SVN, build tools like Ant, Maven
- Knowledgeable in Python with strong scripting experience in scripting
- Good experience with administration of Build Orchestration Tool like Jenkins.
- Familiarity with embedded products , mobile application and cloud platforms.
- Expert in development of automated testing across multiple platforms and testing techniques
- Experience with Python or another automation scripting language
- Advanced level of Jira/Confluence knowledge or other bug tracking systems
- Experience with automation test tools like Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory and how they enable the CICD pipeline
- Exposure to development boards like Raspberry Pi, Arduino etc will be desirable