Every company wants to change the world, and we're doing it. Skylo moves the world’s machine data from sensors-to-satellite and delivers critical information to the people who need it, precisely when they need it most. Skylo connects the unconnected -- machines like fishing boats, tractors, railcars, trucks, and assets as diverse as heavy machinery -- and delivers sensors-to-satellite. People in all corners of the earth - both land and sea - can send and receive high value alerts and messages to stay safe, increase business efficiencies, and improve their lives and livelihoods.
The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
Skylo Technologies is hiring a Product Manager. This person will define and own requirements for Skylo products and solutions for different verticals. The Product Manager will prioritize the development backlog for the product. The right candidate will bring a strong customer empathy and understanding of user experience to the role. This is a highly cross-functional role and brings with it an opportunity to work with a highly driven team to bring Skylo’s technology to the most remote regions of the world.
- Understanding & capturing use-case scenarios, pain-points & customer needs
- Defining the product requirements & owning those specifications
- Prioritizing and owning the product development backlog
- Participation & owning aspects of development processes such as user research, backlog grooming, sprint reviews, etc
- Contributing to the generation of GTM and customer success collateral
- Maintaining a detailed product roadmap and driving alignment with engineering and other stakeholders
- 8-12 years of experience of which at least 4 years in a product management role
- Experience in building products in the IoT domain is essential
- Good understanding stemming from experience in embedded software development and cloud-hosted applications from a product management perspective is essential; engineering experience in one of these areas is desirable but not necessary
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills & attention to detail are essential traits
- Proficiency in system design is highly desirable
- Experience in working in a global collaborative environment is highly desirable
- BE/BTech in Electronics/Electrical/Computer Science Engg; MBA preferred