Every company wants to change the world, and we're doing it. Skylo moves the world’s machine data from sensors-to-satellite and delivers critical information to the people who need it, precisely when they need it most. Skylo connects the unconnected -- machines like fishing boats, tractors, railcars, trucks, and assets as diverse as heavy machinery -- and delivers sensors-to-satellite. People in all corners of the earth - both land and sea - can send and receive high value alerts and messages to stay safe, increase business efficiencies, and improve their lives and livelihoods.
The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
Skylo is hiring an Procurement Manager for our SCM Team. The selected candidate will be responsible for the Procurement process on both Strategic sourcing and Tactical buying. This is a terrific opportunity for a candidate who wants to make a highly visible impact in the dynamic environment of an early-stage startup focused on a rapidly exploding market segment.
- Responsible for managing commodities/categories across the organization. Experience in IoT devices and Services procurement would be an added advantage.
- Including goods and services that support the company and its customers.
- Includes setting category strategies.
- Supplier qualification and establishing quality processes / resolving quality issues.
- Emphasis is on strategy, supplier development, negotiations, business relationships, quality, cost, assurance of supply and predictability.
- Develops the company procurement strategies, policies and tactics required to achieve objectives.
- Primary objective is to reduce the cost of supply and meet demand requirements, business and quality specifications, and revenue goals.
- Adds value to the company through managing performance aspects of major contracts and subcontracts.
- 8-10 years of Sourcing and Procurement Experience
- Preferably from Product company/organization
- Hands On experience in drafting and creating complex purchase contracts
- Expertise in e-auctions and driving RFx events through ERP system