Every company wants to change the world, and we're doing it. Skylo moves the world’s machine data from sensors-to-satellite and delivers critical information to the people who need it, precisely when they need it most. Skylo connects the unconnected -- machines like fishing boats, tractors, railcars, trucks, and assets as diverse as heavy machinery -- and delivers sensors-to-satellite. People in all corners of the earth - both land and sea - can send and receive high value alerts and messages to stay safe, increase business efficiencies, and improve their lives and livelihoods.
The Skylo Hub is a rugged, easy-install hotspot that connects sensors through wire, WiFi, or BLE, continuously collecting information even when there is no cell coverage for miles. Machines can be moving or stationary, operating in the ocean, in a pipeline, in the dirt, and the Hub continues to operate 100% of the time. The Skylo Satellite Network securely delivers critical data anywhere via geostationary satellites. The Skylo Platform is an immersive way to see the data, send and receive notifications on desktop or mobile, enabling decision-making in real time. Our solution is disruptively affordable and helps transform companies, industries, and lives. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, CA; Bangalore, India; Tel Aviv, Israel; Espoo, Finland, and is growing globally to support customers. Learn more about Skylo at www.skylo.tech, and find us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Join our team!
Skylo Technologies is hiring a sales manager to develop business opportunities in the agriculture and farming vertical in South Asia. As one of the first hires for our South Asian Sales Team, you will help build Skylo’s business in one of our most transformative opportunities that can truly impact lives for the better. This is a terrific opportunity for a highly-skilled and versatile salesperson with experience in data services, who wants to join early and make a major impact at an exciting startup.
- Strong direct and sell with experience in the technology / telecom industries
- Good knowledge of the agriculture / farming industry vertical, having sold technology to businesses or through channel partners
- Complete account management, including deal cycles relationship building at various levels of decision makers in Enterprise, Govt and SME accounts
- End to end understanding of customer buying behaviour, and being able to operate in hunting (cold calls, networking, research) and farming (business solutions, problem solving) accounts
- Operated in a sales driven environment, including input parameters, sales forecasting, funnel management, sales reviews and other funnel metrics
- Keep up to date on technical as also market knowledge, linking the solution to customer needs
- Commercial understanding to be able to create effective technical and pricing proposals, negotiations with customers, keeping Skylo’s interests in mind
- Ability to prioritize efforts to deliver the best conversion rates along the sales cycles
- Work closely with marketing to define on ground demand generation and customer engagement activities
- Provide valuable feedback to the product team on the market needs, including around product and service changes, substantiated with market trends and data
- 8 to 15 years of experience in a B2B sales role, preferably in telecom, software as a service, or IoT platforms serving customers in agriculture.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Deep industry knowledge of agricultural business practices and dynamics.
- Self driven / self starter.
- Ability to translate feedback from potential customers into technical requirements for Skylo’s team.
- Open, honest, and respectful communication style.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Comfortable working directly with technology teams.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced startup environment (optional but highly desired).