Skylo is deploying the world’s most affordable and ubiquitous satellite-based network that can connect any machine or sensor. Skylo provides connectivity to machines at work in the world’s unconnected geographies, and our end-to-end solution is transformative for entire industries: from digitizing farmland and remote infrastructure with sensor data, to saving lives at sea and on land with connected vessels and vehicles. Skylo has offices in Palo Alto, Bangalore, Helsinki area (Espoo) and Tel Aviv. We are rapidly scaling our team globally to support our growing base of customers and partners.
We offer an opportunity to join our team in Finland where you will be working across diverse technical teams such as software, hardware, RF, satellite and network virtualisation. You are a self-motivated multi-tasker and a team-player. You have a solid software engineering background and strong interest in learning new technologies and development methods. You are proactive and have a hands-on approach to work assignments. You should be interested in stretching yourself into new territories with a goal of seeing your work have an impact globally across various industries. Note: no Finnish required, three different nationalities in the team and more welcomed.
● Design, develop, enhance, and maintain wireless algorithms and software for satellite radio access networks and other advanced technologies.
● Ownership of PHY layer algorithms and their implementation in C++
● Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews and provide peer feedback on a continuous basis
● Engage with customer field trials and technical teams
● Development and integration test of the lower level software in the platform
● Analysis of 3GPP specifications and requirements
Required Skills & Experience:
● Our ideal candidate has a wireless communication systems background, a passion for building real-world carrier-grade communication systems, and industry experience developing PHY layer software in C++
● Expertise of the PHY layer procedures, expected behavior, and typical performance tradeoffs, as well as overall system performance
● Ability to switch between high-level systems view and low-level detail view of complex wireless systems
● 5 years commercial full-lifecycle software development experience
● 3GPP LTE L1/PHY and NB-IoT knowledge and experience
● Solid understanding of GNU/Linux operating system environments
● Ability to program in C++ on Linux platform, using Git for source control is a must
● Familiar with DevOps and Docker containers
● Experience with Elixir and Python is a plus
● Master’s degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications (or equivalent) required, or Bachelor's degree with considerable industrial experience
● Ideally, prior experience working with 4G/LTE/5G sub-systems such as eNB, EPC, and related EMS/NMS in mobile equipment supplier and/or operator environment
● Experience with C-RAN/V-RAN implementations would be a major plus
● Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills, and able to work independently with minimum supervision