Skylo is deploying the world’s most affordable and ubiquitous satellite-based network that can connect any machine or sensor. Skylo provides connectivity to machines at work in the world’s unconnected geographies, and our end-to-end solution is transformative for entire industries: from digitizing farmland and remote infrastructure with sensor data, to saving lives at sea and on land with connected vessels and vehicles. Skylo has offices in San Mateo, Bangalore and Tel Aviv. We are rapidly scaling our team globally to support our growing base of customers and partners.
Skylo is hiring a hands-on engineering director to help fulfill Skylo’s vision of a highly efficient network that mobilizes data from large volumes of industrial devices and sensors. This leader will join our platform engineering team to design a modern cloud native data streaming and analytics platform capable of supporting the next generation of machine & sensor data. This individual will leverage their knowledge and expertise to create a managed services and API platform based on micro-services and event driven architecture using modern software techniques. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested in stretching themselves into new domain areas with global impact across industries.
- Lead a team of experienced engineers who ship code and solve engineering problems.
- Work with engineers, managers and product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog with short term and long term goals including technical debt.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable projects and shipping things quickly.
- Sustainably increase the team’s deliverables while shipping scalable products in predictable timelines that delight our customers and users.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Mentor the professional and technical development of your team members. Help in career development tailored to skills, personalities and professional goals of individuals.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual's strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Infuse continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Work with the recruiting team to hire candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Technical background in near real-time data processing and streaming analytics using cloud native technologies.
- Expertise in addressing cost, performance, scalability, scalability and security in SaaS platform.
- Lead technical discussions and decisions with a cross functional team of architects and engineers to creatively solve hard problems.
- Think ahead and groom the engineering backlog using agile planning and execution of work.
- Focus on customer centric product development for operators, users and other personas.
- Preferred background in IoT product development and related industry solutions.
- Familiarity with protocols and software development in embedded, network, telecom stack is a bonus.