Skylo is deploying the world’s most affordable and ubiquitous satellite-based network that can connect any machine or sensor. Skylo provides connectivity to machines at work in the world’s unconnected geographies, and our end-to-end solution is transformative for entire industries: from digitizing farmland and remote infrastructure with sensor data, to saving lives at sea and on land with connected vessels and vehicles. Skylo has offices in San Mateo, Bangalore and Tel Aviv. We are rapidly scaling our team globally to support our growing base of customers and partners.
Skylo is hiring an Algorithms Engineer to help fulfill Skylo’s vision of a highly efficient network that mobilizes data from large volumes of industrial devices and sensors. The Algorithms Engineer will join our engineering team to design and develop algorithms to support end-to-end IoT solutions running over a spectrally efficient wireless network, that is capable to support the next generation of machine & sensor data mobility. This individual will leverage a strong background in mathematics, optimization, and software development to design and deploy algorithms to increase the efficiency, accessibility, and outcomes from and end-to-end IoT wireless network. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested in stretching themselves into new domain and seeing their work have global impact across industries.
- Design and development of Skylo’s radio resource network scheduler.
- Design, simulate and implement radio resource scheduling algorithms for large volumes of machines, sensors and other devices.
- Contribute to 3GPP wireless communication protocol standards
- Develop machine learning and decision-making algorithms for network optimization.
- Stress test designed algorithms to cover edge cases.
- Work with network, hardware, and platform engineering teams to quickly iterate on and deploy algorithms for the intelligent management of a machine data driven network and user terminal operations.
- Work with external vendors on protocol modifications to support specific feature development
- Develop algorithms to perform live data analysis on IoT data sets to derive higher order data characteristics
- Establish a disciplined development and deployment process so that software ships on time and at a very high level of quality.
- 5+ years experience in algorithm design and professional software development.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Math, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field. Masters/PhD preferred.
- Experience with 3GPP-related protocols such as GSM, 4G/LTE, 5G and NB-IOT. In-depth understanding of RLC protocol is preferred.
- Experience working on network optimization problems preferred.
- Experience in developing & deploying machine learning and decision-making algorithms preferred.
- Programming capabilities with experience in C/C++/Java and Python.
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication skills.