Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from first responders to insurance claims adjusters, utilities, and more!
About the role:
As an Autonomy Software Engineer at Skydio, you will help build our platform, develop new autonomous capabilities, and deploy these products to our customers. You will tackle a wide range of use cases, including situational awareness, emergency response, inspection, mapping, and multi-platform coordination. These represent some of the first deployments of autonomous robots to perform valuable real-world tasks. Due to the nature of these products, the ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance is required.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Design and build complex autonomous capabilities through collaboration across our autonomy, mobile, product, and flight test teams
- Rapidly prototype, develop, and iterate core autonomous flight and robotic algorithms to validate industry requirements and take ownership of those prototypes as they mature into robust commercial products
- Guide the requirements, development, and testing process to ensure excellence of the software product
- Capture, understand, and react to customer feedback to drive rapid improvements in product capabilities
What makes you a good fit:
- Ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience using autonomous robotic systems and protocols, e.g., MAVLink, PX4, ROS, etc.
- Familiarity with cross-platform development tools, e.g., Qt
- Familiarity with networking or distributed systems
- Experience building software and creating applications for interfacing with robots or hardware devices
- Highly curious, creative, and able to communicate concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strong software engineering fundamentals and a commitment to writing clean, well architected code
- Excited to use robotics to make the world safer, more productive, and more creative
- The annual base salary range for this position (spanning multiple experience levels) is $170,000 - 220,000*. Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Skydio full-time employees are eligible to enroll in our benefit plans and take advantage of a variety of incentives and stipends.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/