Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
Insightfully designed manufacturing processes and fully qualified supplier relationships are critical elements in bringing tightly integrated, sophisticated electromechanical systems to major markets. As a primary designer and executioner of Skydio’s Supplier Quality Engineering practice, you’ll work with our Product Design, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Design, Supply Chain, and Quality teams and interface with current and potential vendors to strengthen Skydio’s supplier base to meet our increasing production volume & quality needs.
How you'll make an impact:
- Conduct supplier assessment and on-site audits to verify in-region supplier’s quality systems and overall capabilities
- Collaborate with multiple function teams, Hardware Engineering, Operations, and Quality within Skydio as well as various suppliers during the NPI and post-production ramp up at component and supplier and final assembly suppliers
- Help develop and execute product quality plans and systems, and manage quality bring up activities for new products at the manufacturing partners
- Review supplier’s quality control flow, in-process quality control system, in-coming components, and out-going product’s quality control plan to ensure suppliers have the capabilities in place for high-quality production at volume and they adhere to Skydio’s design & quality requirements
- Lead all in-region quality related issues for products made by Skydio’s partners. This person will need to develop a close working relationship with our manufacturing partners.
- Drive quality planning during pre & post-production and 8D / SCAR activities with the supplier base to ensure suppliers’ outgoing quality is sufficient to minimize the need for incoming inspection at Skydio
- Ensure lessons learned from prior projects are used to improve the quality management process and leads to improved product quality for next generation products.
What makes you a good fit:
- You are a self-starter with a desire to push Skydio products to the next level
- You possess interpersonal and leadership skills as well as the ability to be a positive team member internally and externally
- You have experience with bringing up and managing suppliers in different geographies
- You have quality engineering experience in high-volume, high-complexity consumer electronics products with in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes (particularly in commodities such as lens, camera module, motor, metal injection molding, CNC machining), measurement, test and inspection practices, reliability, and statistical process control.
- You are familiar with and have used quality tools such as Failure Modes Effect Analysis (FMEA), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and 8D, Root Cause Analysis tools (i.e. 5-Why, fishbone diagrams), Statistical Process Control (SPC), and achieved measurable results by using them
- You demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Travel to suppliers as required (30-50%)
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/