Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
Skydio is seeking an experienced leader to drive the company’s marketing initiatives toward the Defense industry.
As the Industry Marketing Manager, you are a master communicator and strategic storyteller with a special talent for translating technical speak into compelling value-oriented messaging. You have the drive to understand buyer needs, company needs, competitive dynamics and develop fluency in product details to elevate our GTM strategy and messaging. You are a creative thinker with an instinct to collaborate. You are analytically minded and customer centric. Above all, you find excitement and motivation in bringing a product to life and helping the organization better reach, market to and sell more effectively to its Defense agency customers.
While this is an individual contributor role today, do not mistake it for an entry-level position. The role is highly influential in setting and executing the go-to-market strategy for Skydio’s success in this industry.
How you'll make an impact:
- Create and drive the strategy for Skydio’s GTM success in selling to Defense agencies.
- Develop a deep understanding of the use cases - current and future ones - where aerial situational awareness can deliver tremendous value for mission success.
- Understand the competitive alternatives available to customers and the criteria by which decisions are made. Develop the reasons why Skydio is the superior option and the effective story to bring these reasons to life for our prospects.
- Develop the winning messaging and positioning platform for our product portfolio. Evangelize that message to prospects, customers, and employees through thought leadership materials across all ranges of media and channels.
- Translate product capabilities into value messaging for non-technical buyers.
- Partner with other Marketing teams across Growth Marketing, Creative Services, Customer Marketing and Communications to drive effective programs to enable sales, drive demand, develop success stories and build the Skydio brand in the Defense industry.
- Work hands-on with the Skydio GTM team - Marketing, Sales and CS - to guide alignment of customer-facing materials across the organization. Ensure the customer journey is consistent with the value and brand promise.
- Ultimately, this role will be measured by the company’s financial performance in the Defense sector.
What makes you a good fit:
- You must love the science and art of storytelling, particularly when matching buyer needs with product capabilities in an emotionally compelling story.
- You are as comfortable in strategy development as you are in writing blogs, meeting directly with customers and giving product demos.
- Proven B2B product or industry marketing leader with 10+ years of demonstrated experience in building breakthrough product positioning and go-to-market strategies that drive marketing execution plans in fast-growth organizations.
- 5+ years supporting or selling into the Defense industry. Experience in combat ops or procurement for defense agencies a plus.
- Experience working with product management, marketing / demand generation, and sales teams, with an emphasis on enabling sales to successfully execute.
- Strong business acumen with the proven ability to understand buyers' most critical business issues and the ability to translate product and service capabilities into real business value.
- Executive presence as well as strong leadership skills to influence across organizational lines.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, written communication, presentation, and process facilitation skills with the ability to present views in a compelling manner.
- Highly-collaborative team player with the knowledge, intellect and temperament to work effectively in a fast-paced, energetic and complex environment.
- Experience in the drone industry is a plus.
Compensation Range: The annual base salary range for this position is $144,500 - 215,000*. Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Skydio full-time employees are eligible to enroll in our benefit plans and take advantage of a variety of incentives and stipends.
*For some positions the pay may be dependent upon the individual's regional location.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/