Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
Working with a world-class team, the internship will involve a hands-on learning experience with many of the core activities involved in running a start up’s Product Marketing function. An intern should expect to develop a fundamental knowledge of how an enterprise company takes innovative products to market. Interns will learn to develop messaging to the various buyer personas in enterprise sales - the foundation for strategic selling in any B2B or B2Gov environment. Detailed analysis of markets, industries, demand estimation, and customer value - and stellar written/oral communication skills - will be expected.
Details of Internship Role:
- Support the team with customer and market research to refine the Skydio story
- Assist with major announcements and product launches that are planned to be concurrent with the internship
- Direct research with customers to see our product where the rubber meets the road
- Significant mentorship from Product/Program/Marketing executives with weekly meetings to discuss progress
- Pay / Sponsorship: Paid internship
What makes you a good fit:
- Must have a strong interest in hardware & software and the impact on areal intelligence across many industries
- Highly motivated candidates who have a strong and proven interest in the fields of start-up, entrepreneurship, and/or finance with an interest in researching business models within a targeted industry (drones & data processing).
- Candidates who have a natural curiosity for how businesses work, a tenacious attitude towards research, are resourceful, and have the ability to think independently without daily oversight.
- Stellar communication skills
- Applicants should be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree or graduate degree (e.g., MBA) but any major can apply.
Compensation Range: The hourly rate for this position is $25/hr-$35/hr for Undergrad and $35/hr-$40/hr for Graduate students*. Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience.
*For some positions the pay may be dependent upon the individual's regional location.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/