Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the team:
- We develop camera systems for autonomous drone navigation, consumer/prosumer media capture, and commercial inspection & situational awareness from customer use case analysis to requirements definition, product development, factory bringup, characterization, tuning, and validation through mass production
- We work directly with lens, sensor, module, ISP vendors and cross functionally internally with hardware, embedded, and autonomy teams to ensure that our camera systems meet all technical requirements and perform as expected in the field
- We build and maintain our in-house image quality lab for lens, sensor, module, and systems level characterization, tuning, validation, and manufacturing test development
- We use Linux, Mac, and Windows based tools for lab & manufacturing test station software, scripting, image quality test & tuning, and ISP development
About the role: We are looking for an Image Quality engineering intern to drive current and future product architectures that meet Skydio’s product vision, including camera, module & ISP capabilities and camera system validation. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about developing new imaging solutions for autonomous flying robots.
How you'll make an impact:
- Collaborate with embedded, hardware, and autonomy teams to deliver mass production camera modules and imaging systems for media capture & autonomous navigation
- Assist with camera module level characterization, calibration, manufacturing test, and system level test
- Validate image quality tuning via lab and field testing.
What makes you a good fit:
- Understanding of test & validation of camera systems
- Experience analyzing image data from opto-electrical systems using software tools and scripts including writing scripts for analysis & automation
- Knowledge of camera lab equipment and operating camera systems in lab & field environments
Compensation Range: The hourly rate for this position is $41/hr for Undergrad, $53/hr for Graduate students, and $58 for PhD students*. Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience.
*For some positions the pay may be dependent upon the individual's regional location.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/