Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the Role:
Skydio is seeking an enthusiastic Quality Assurance Technician to join the manufacturing quality team inside of the incoming quality space. This role requires a metrology skill set combined with solid soft skills and a keen interest in aerospace related hardware. This role will be located on-site at a manufacturing facility (remote work not available):
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will focus on the incoming quality of mechanical parts. Primarily verifying supplier products meet final assembly manufacturing requirements
- Develop CMM programs and efficient inspection strategies
- Improve quality tab tool set
- Improve incoming quality processes and documentation
What makes you a good fit:
- 3+ years in machine shop experience
- 3+ years reading GD&T, and ability to execute measurements accordingly
- Ability to use CMM/OMM, hand inspection tools, gauges, calipers, scales, etc
- Identifying and documenting defects, communicating issues with the production and quality team engineers
- Knowledge of spreadsheets (ability to gather data and do basic analysis)
- Knowledge of google slides (generating single slide summaries)
- Incredible attention to detail
- Quality champion mindset
- Ability to teach/mentor junior technicians
Compensation Range: The hourly rate range for this position is $34-45/hr dependent on final leveling. Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Skydio full-time employees are eligible to enroll in our benefit plans and take advantage of a variety of incentives and stipends.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/