Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
Join the world leader in aerial autonomy as we grow exponentially across multiple industries and use cases, drastically increasing the safety and efficiency of our customer’s inspection and situational awareness missions. Skydio is seeking a highly motivated Federal Channel Manager to take responsibility for driving and delivering sales through our Federal resell channel.
As Federal Channel Manager at Skydio, your role will be centered around strategic relationship management to achieve measurable revenue and market share results. In this role you will ensure corporate growth by developing strategies to organically expand business, finding opportunities within existing partnerships and promoting partner satisfaction.
Your success in this role will be driven by the creation and execution of regional and national partner business plans in support of our Federal sales segment. The focus will be on developing long-term, high-value partnerships. You’ll work in a collaborative team environment and lead cross-functional resources to ensure partner sales and satisfaction.
How you'll make an impact:
- Build, cultivate and develop strategic resell channel partnerships in the Federal space
- Build specific and measurable growth initiatives that align to our channel business strategy
- Build a pipeline to meet sales targets on a quarterly and annual basis
- Build annual business plans and track quarterly targets, to include marketing, sales and enablement metrics
- Lead joint account mapping exercise with partners and sales teams
- Collaborate with sales teams to refer partners that add value to our current customers, identify opportunities and assist in targeted sales pursuits.
- Assume quota responsibility across defined partner channel
- Design compelling Federal value propositions that inspire partners to promote our solutions in this unique market
- Foster strong, consultative relationships and continually assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with Skydio and partner marketing teams to develop industry/use case-specific marketing programs
- Measure and analyze channel programs, promotions, and other activities
- Provide clear and consistent communication across the Federal segment and build strong internal partnerships throughout our Federal sales organization and sales support teams
What makes you a good fit:
- Knowledge of federal acquisition process and contracting vehicles, as well as structuring of hardware, software, and service contracts
- A history of successfully managing and closing complex deals through all phases of the deal cycle with federal customers
- A self-starter mentality - you are resourceful, take action, and can be decisive with little oversight
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - you are confident, articulate, and comfortable interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders
- UAV or end-user industry understanding is highly preferred
- Experience with General Services Administration (GSA) and Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) contracts
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant specific Federal initiatives and markets
- Excellent presentation skills and experience briefing executives & individual contributors
- Experience of analyzing performance to identify areas of improvement and optimization
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Proven track record of consistent quota over-achievement
- Solid understanding of Federal government clients – how they acquire services and products, their mission (expectations) and how they intend to meet it, and how to connect with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage and report on simultaneous partner engagements
- Be able to work well with all levels of the organization
- Leadership of cross-functional teams and resources in a matrixed environment across channel, legal, operations and Fed sales and engineering
- Have prior DoD or other federal agency service with experience operating sUAS.
- Be comfortable describing Skydio’s value proposition, demonstrating Skydio products and earning your Part 107 license
- Be familiar with the National Defense Strategy (NDS)
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Experience working with Salesforce (CRM) and report building
- Bachelor’s degree
Desired, but not required:
- Possess, or has the ability to obtain, a Secret security clearance.
- Several years of experience working with an IT or professional services firm that does Federal government contracting
- Understand how to prepare, and win proposals, as well as how to prepare responses to RFPs/RFQs/Tenders
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/