Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
As a member of the Wireless Team, you will work on meaningful projects that will add value to Skydio. You will solve complex, interesting problems and learn from a world-class team of engineers and researchers.
We currently consider one of the following projects:
- Channel estimation in Drone operation - using channel capture, radio channel state information, and working on channel emulation device to evaluate expected wireless performance and supporting radio mode selection mechanism.
- 3D wireless mapping - using the drone self aware capabilities, we are seeking to align wireless network performance with 3D location to identify and optimize network performance and create a robust drone operation within this environment
- Rounds trip time enablement for a drone network as a side information for improved localization.
- Drone mesh network enablement
- Multi-link operation - combine two radios for a robust command and control and video operation. Working across multiple types of radios (WiFi/LTE and others)
What we are looking for in you:
- Relentless curiosity
- Ability to leverage rock solid fundamentals to create exceptional designs for complicated products
- Passion for end to end understanding of the wireless link and the channel behavior.
- Proficiency in wireless background and theory
- Very strong SW capabilities
Bonus skills for the job:
- How to use Python for scripting
- Familiarity with embedded HW and low level coding
- Familiarity with wireless chipsets
Compensation Range: The hourly rate for this position is $41/hr for Undergrad, $53/hr for Graduate students, and $58 for PhD students*. Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience.
*For some positions the pay may be dependent upon the individual's regional location.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/