Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
As a Federal Contracts and Business Manager at Skydio, you will serve as a counterpart to Government contracting and business professionals for all contracts and business related matters for Skydio Federal accounts.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Work directly with the Federal sales and program management team to oversee and evaluate major proposals, monitor compliance and performance on existing contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, establish and ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Analyze the impact of modifications and revisions to contract terms and prepare recommendations and risk reviews for management. Advise and support the Program Management team on best practices and assist with contract related matters, acquisition strategies and any business related matters.
- Maintain an accurate audit file for major Federal contracts to include original contract, all correspondences, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, etc.
- Assist sales team with new RFP pursuits and collaborative agreements on large Federal and international deals
- Advise on business systems and process automation and optimization with Skydio business, sales operations and legal teams.
What would make you a good fit:
- US Citizen with Active Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Experience & Skills
- You have expertise and strong background in Federal acquisition with both traditional and non traditional acquisition methods—the entire contracting toolkit—from other transaction agreements and SBIR contracts to middle tier acquisition and rapid prototyping
- Demonstrated understanding (interpretation and compliance at a senior level) of and experience with FAR and DFARS, especially with FAR Part 12 and FAR Part 15
- Understanding of Cost Accounting Standards and Government financial management regulations
- Export Administration Regulations and International Traffic in Arms Regulations is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in managing federal contracts, contract compliance and business management in support of a diverse federal customer base
- Certified Federal Contract Manager (CFCM) and/or Business Finance Manager is a plus
Base Compensation: The annual base salary range for this position is $127,500 - $161,250. Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Skydio full-time employees are eligible to enroll in our benefit plans.
*For some positions the pay may be dependent upon the individual's regional location.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnany, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/