Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the Role:
In this highly collaborative role, you will be part of a quickly growing team that develops and implements creative across a broad spectrum of marketing and brand touchpoints.
You will work closely with the Director of Brand & Marketing Design, while collaborating with copywriters, and design, video, and motion team members to bring the Skydio brand to life across multiple channels and touchpoints.
- Branding materials
- Marketing materials
- Interactive / web
- Product packaging
- Advertising, social, and email campaigns
- Video, photo and illustration (art direction)
- Event design and collateral
- Motion graphics
You have a proven track record of delivering stunning, effective brand and marketing design for B2C (and possibly even B2B) audiences. You have a portfolio of work that shows a diversity of experience across both online and offline media, and clearly defines your roles in the creation of those projects. Prior roles might have been Senior Art Director, Art Director, Associate Creative Director, Design Lead.
- 6+ years of experience as a brand/marketing art director / design lead / associate creative director
- Ability to think strategically, generate big ideas, and execute creative with a high level of craft and attention to detail
- Ability to lead a project from concept to execution while taking direction from creative directors
- Track record of creating design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives in a highly collaborative and iterative team environment
- A simple, clean design aesthetic, excellent typographic skills, understanding of grid theory
- A strong design generalist who has experience ideating, conceptualizing, and executing design work across multiple areas including web, identity/brand, print, motion, events, and more
- Able to balance creative thinking with interpersonal skills, and demonstrate an ability to justify concepts to stakeholders and the project team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, growing startup environment
- Understand that at a small company, you will work on smaller daily requests in addition to larger initiatives
- Adobe Creative Suite
Bonus points for:
- 3D & 2D illustration
- Experience with photo editing and retouching
- Photography skills
Base Compensation: The annual base salary range for this position is $124,950 - $158,025*. Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Skydio full-time employees are eligible to enroll in our benefit plans.
*For some positions the pay may be dependent upon the individual's regional location.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnany, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/