Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
Skydio is seeking an enthusiastic Quality Assurance Technician to assist in high quality production. This role requires a technical skill set combined with solid soft skills and a keen interest in aerospace related hardware. This role will be located on-site at a manufacturing facility (no remote work):
Primary Job Responsibilities (duties will be balanced appropriately):
- Perform inspection according to mechanical drawings and/or IPC specifications
- Documentation of material flow through MRB (non-conformance) and IQC (incoming quality)
- Maintain dashboard presentations
- Identifying and documenting defects, communicating issues with the production and quality teams
- Create and maintain rework instructions
- Study, understand, teach product quality standards to production line assembly operators
- Provide mechanical measurement support to identify potential supplier, design or manufacturing issues
- Perform incoming material inspection on mechanical components and possibly PBCAs
Preferred Skill Sets:
- Experience using quality measurement tools (gauges, calipers, scales, OMM etc)
- Experience with cosmetic inspection
- Strong communication skills (inside and outside of direct team)
- Experience with consumer electronic manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of spreadsheets
- Knowledge of google slides
- Incredible attention to detail
- Quality champion mindset
- Familiarity with doing first pass analysis using computer tools (entering commands, running scripts, reviewing results)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to lift and or move up to 25lbs.
- Visual inspection for extended amount of time is required
Compensation Range: The hourly rate range for this position is $30-38/hr or $34-42/hr dependent on final leveling*. Compensation will vary based on factors, including skill level, proficiencies, transferable knowledge, and experience. In addition to base salary, Skydio full-time employees are eligible to enroll in our benefit plans and take advantage of a variety of incentives and stipends.
*For some positions the pay may be dependent upon the individual's regional location.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/