Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the team: The Skydio Customer Support team provides best-in-class sales, service, and support to our growing customer base across the world.
About the role: Skydio is looking for a highly-motivated and technical individual with UAS experience who is comfortable interfacing with international Defense/Military customers as well as other Federal and marque enterprise customers to provide best-in-class technical and logistics support. This person will act as the highest level of regional technical support for our growing enterprise customer base and will report to our U.S.-based Enterprise Support Manager.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Be the conduit between Skydio and our European customers. Be able to answer all advanced technical support questions our enterprise customers may have in a timely manner.
- Manage any technical escalations into Skydio internal U.S. teams.
- Manage customer expectations via weekly meetings and feedback to the U.S. customer support and customer success teams.
- Know Skydio products inside and out, and proactively seek clarity on areas of confusion that are of interest to our customers.
- Develop rock-solid triage and resolution techniques so that you can answer real-time support questions rather than waiting for answers from corporate.
- Work closely with internal teams to become an expert on Skydio’s products, processes, specifications, and product roadmap.
- Own the European Federal and NGO segment of our enterprise technical relationships, working closely with Sales, Logistics, and CS teams to deliver top-quality support for our customers, and build support processes that are relevant to these verticals.
- Work directly with product teams to communicate common break/fix points and prioritize and understand development timelines.
- Work with our Product Support Engineering team to bridge any gaps between the data and learnings coming from our support and engineering teams.
- Be flexible: Willing and enthusiastic to work on multiple projects, both tactical and strategic as needed.
What would make you a good fit:
- Fluency in Ukrainian (speak, read, and write), as well as English. Other language competencies (German, French, etc.) are a plus.
- Military experience and/or UAS/UAV background is a plus.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and hours to meet the needs of our customers while communicating with the other distributed Skydio teams.
- Willing to travel up to 50% (continental Europe and beyond) to meet our customers’ needs.
- Experience working cross-functionally across engineering, ops, product, and go-to-market teams.
- Adept at technical troubleshooting and problem-solving, and are familiar with triage and escalation workflows.
- Assertive self-starter with excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- 3-5 years of technical support experience (previous experience in an enterprise capacity is preferred).
- 3-5 years of engineering, SME, or technical account management experience is preferred.
- Some experience in Linux operating systems is preferred.
- A born troubleshooter with a passion for the potential of drone technology and a strong desire to learn new skills and grow with Skydio.
**Candidates located in Germany/Poland/Central EU encouraged to apply**
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/