Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
Create impactful, elegant, and robust 3D surface models in CATIA for our various product development activities. Develop new and evolve existing design themes overall while directly collaborating with a variety of internal and external teams. Leverage 3D designs to develop product concepts, appearance models, renderings, and tool-ready surfaces.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop hardware product design concepts from in-house direction, external design input, and from your own creative perspective.
- Create, iterate, and deliver high-quality CATIA-native parametric cosmetic surfaces that are adaptable to change as the design evolves.
- Collaborate closely with mechanical engineering, manufacturing, quality, and other product development teams.
What makes you a good fit:
- Expert-level CATIA ICEM and/or CATIA Imagine & Shape, and/or CATIA Generative Wireframe and Surface proficiency with demonstrable understanding of parametric surfacing techniques.
- 5+ years of digital surface modeling experience for product design with a proven track record of execution and aesthetic quality.
- Bachelor's degree in Automotive Design, Industrial Design, or equivalent with demonstrated academic excellence.
- A uniquely honed aesthetic eye and passion for surface modeling as a craft.
- Rendering skills in Keyshot or other equivalent software.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing and prototyping processes as well as basic engineering principles.
Please include a portfolio or specific examples of your work to be considered for the position.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/