Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are looking for a multidisciplinary video expert who can contribute to every step of the production process. As part of the Training team at Skydio, you will write, direct, produce, shoot, and edit content that supports education initiatives for our diverse customer base. This includes videos for release notes, how-tos, unboxing, and support content that educate our users on the unique features of Skydio’s fully autonomous drone for a variety of applications.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will be creating high-visibility videos across a variety of media, from release notes videos on our YouTube channel, to educational videos that are shared on our Support site and incorporated into Skydio Academy.
- The content you create will be tailored for and used by our Consumer, Enterprise, and Federal audiences and will cover a range of Skydio use cases, including cinematography, inspection, public safety, and defense.
- You will work with the Technical Content and Training Manager to define, scope, and execute video productions in support of ongoing training initiatives.
- You will work with the Marketing Design Director to ensure that Skydio’s video content is always of premium quality.
What makes you a good fit:
- Portfolio of work that showcases a diversity of experience, and clearly defines your roles in the creation of those projects
- Proven track record of delivering stunning, effective educational videos and/or video marketing to consumer and/or enterprise customers
- Cinema drone or FPV experience
- Prior roles might have included: Video Editor, Creative Director for Video, Senior Shooter/Editor, or Video Producer
- Strong belief that drones and AI-driven robotics are making the world a better place
- Clear communicator - verbal and written
- Collaboration - your best work is done in a highly collaborative way
- Ability to scale work to deadlines
The ideal candidate demonstrates outstanding skills and portfolios in at least three of the following areas:
- Editing and post-production
- Motion graphics/3D VFX knowledge
- Script-writing for short video
Top candidates would additionally have:
- Studio production and field production experience
- Experience working with pre-release hardware and software
- Portfolio of product photography, cinematography or renders
- Experience writing briefs, scripts, storyboards, mood-reels or mood-boards, and working with experimental camera platforms and tools
Tools we use:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Cinema 4D
- 3DS Max
- Blackmagic Cinema cameras (or similar cinema-grade cameras)
- Windows and Mac OS
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/