Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are looking for a driven, results-oriented Solutions Engineer to lead technical discovery and implementation with our federal customers. You will be responsible for understanding customer requirements and demonstrating the features of the Skydio product lines to win deals. A successful candidate for this role will act as glue between our product and sales teams, understand the customer’s requirements and Skydio’s specifications, and build achievable plans to implement Skydio technology to specification. This role reports to the Director of Solutions Engineering and will work closely with our Product, Engineering, and Sales functions to deliver industry leading autonomous solutions on schedule.
How you'll make an impact:
- Drive Skydio’s understanding of customer requirements, identify customer key metrics of success, and conduct Proof-of-Concepts (POCs) and relevant field trials
- Prepare and conduct all aspects of system demonstrations including independently setting up developmental equipment, operating/troubleshooting the system, and presenting its values to customers and partners
- Lead all aspects of system validation and customer implementations to ensure successful deployment
- Provide subject matter expertise in federal contracting validation exercises and guide Sales, Customer Success and Product teams
- Support business development through technical writing for RFIs and RFPs
- Support product roadmap definition and requirements by acting as a SME and “voice of the customer” for Federal customers
- General support of go-to-market & business activities as required
What makes you a good fit:
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- FAA Part 107 Certification or ability to obtain
- Active Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain
Experience & Skills
- Technical knowledge or experience with DOD and Federal UAV systems, sensors, and analysis systems
- Technical knowledge or experience with secure, government compliant storage, manipulation and analysis of data
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills to audiences of all levels
- Experience implementing new technology for internal/external customers and interfacing with technical teams to deliver projects on schedule
- Bring a strong background in one technical area (UAV systems, radio systems, software, security, prototyping, electronics rework)
- Experience with a federal acquisition process for technology
- 8 years experience and Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
**Open to Remote, U.S.**
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/