Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the Team:
- The Skydio Camera Team is responsible for creating high-end camera systems which allow customers to truly appreciate the unique perspective our product can achieve so easily. Our Mission is to build a sharp, well-balanced camera that depicts the world just as it is.
- We use a plethora of tools across the team, not every member of the team is expected to know all of them, but we encourage everyone to learn as many as possible. Key tools: Chromatix, Zemax, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Image Engineering - IQ analyzer, Jira, python, Matlab.
About the role:
We are looking for an Image Quality Tuning Engineer to drive current and future image signal processor IQ tuning to meet Skydio’s product vision.
How you'll make an impact:
- Working on flagship product lines
- Contribute to camera reviews where key product decisions will be made
- Collaborate with hardware, software, sales, and marketing team
- Build end to end custom camera systems with experts across many disciplines
What makes you a good fit:
- Self-starter with experience in hands-on IQ tuning of modern camera modules and ISPs
- Experience tuning, testing, and reviewing consumer camera image quality including 3A, color correction, tone mapping, gamma, noise reduction, and stabilization
- Experience performing IQ characterization capture and analysis such as black level correction, dead pixel, noise, MTF, AWB, autofocus, color characterization, and more
- Must have a thorough understanding of camera tuning software (Chromatix)
- Well versed in camera debugging
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/