Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
A part of the Camera Hardware Engineering Team, this person will focus on developing multiple camera module calibration and test systems, equipments and algorithms to validate sub-component and overall camera module performance for our next generation drones.
This role involves working closely with external contract manufacturers for camera calibration and testing at assembly line and developing internal tools for performance validation at module and system level. He/she will have a good understanding of different aspects of camera design and testing and would be comfortable working remotely and traveling as needed to module integrators in Asia to drive module test development efforts.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop test equipments, algorithms and methodologies to validate designs and provide meaningful feedback to support design iterations and improvement opportunities for all camera modules for our next generation drones.
- Work closely with internal camera design and vehicle manufacturing teams and with module integrator to develop the entire suite of camera calibration and performance test capabilities from custom component IQC to overall module OQC.
- Excellent learning and growth opportunity to join the new camera hardware engineering team developing multiple custom cameras and to have a significant impact on our future roadmap and across the entire drone industry.
What makes you a good fit:
- Demonstrated understanding of imaging systems and image quality metrics.
- Ability to bring up extensive camera module tester selection and bring-up include light panels, test charts and test algorithms.
- Ability to perform comprehensive camera module calibration and performance characterization (SFR, LSC, color calibration, image sensor noise, Auto focus calibration and testing etc) and failure analysis.
- Expertise in lens and illumination system design, testing, and validation.
- Direct laboratory experience testing optical and camera modules.
- Proficient in Matlab and/or Python programming.
- Experience in optical design tools such as ZEMAX / CodeV and LightTools is a significant advantage.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/