Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the Team:
- Skydio’s Electronics Design Team is a small energetic team of engineers that collaborate openly, help each other as needed, and cooperate with each other to accomplish the goal of developing the greatest platform for our autonomy.
- As a start-up we’re constantly looking for ways to improve ourselves with tools and processes. Your expertise and experiences will help drive some of these processes and tools and the future of the Electronics Design team.
About the role:
- With your strong experience as an electronic Component Engineer / eCAD Librarian, you will work alongside a world-class electrical engineering team supporting the design of a variety of PCBs for our industry-leading autonomous products.
- Your skills will complement our electronic engineering team and push the future of design at Skydio.
- You’ll work with a variety of component vendors, to source parts, find alternate parts, and build/support the eCAD Library efforts to ensure the backbone of the design tools is solid and true.
- You’ll interface with external vendors and other teams within Skydio to secure and ensure components will be available throughout the engineering build processes and the first production builds, to enable unmatched aerial autonomy.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide technical and sourcing support for Electronic Design Engineers
- Monitor, identify, and resolve component lifecycle issues
- Identify and qualify alternate electrical components based on Electronic Design Engineer input
- Have insight into international and domestic agency requirements, such as RoHS, EMI/EMC, Safety, REACH, and Conflict materials
- Build/verify and maintain eCAD Schematic & Footprint symbols
What makes you a good fit:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, and or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of electronic manufacturing
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
- Some Cadence CIS & Allegro experience would be a plus
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/