Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
At Skydio we strive to deliver quality to our customers. We have always invested deeply into our tooling - building game engine based simulators for flying in, advanced flight log analytics tools and now investing in the development of a large scale hardware-in-the-loop automated validation system (real drones flying autonomously). This system will be used by all engineers (software & hardware) at Skydio to push our product to be the best it can be.
We are looking for someone to drive the architecture and build the underlying framework that enables 100+ engineers to quickly create, deploy and validate test routines/flights. This role is not about writing test cases, this role is about building the framework, the tools and processes by which others can.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop a framework that enables 100+ engineers to quickly create, deploy and validate new flights, features and behaviors on a fleet of ready-to-fly test vehicles. This is a radical change in our ability to get quick feedback, iterate and deliver better products faster.
- Provide a real-time pulse on the state of our product, saving days and weeks of triage and root-causing.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Lead a group of engineers to design and develop the framework.
- Select the frameworks, tools and services we use to build the solution.
- Architect an extensible and abstracted SDK that others will use to build and easily deploy tests to the validation system.
- Be hands-on in developing portions of the system.
- Work with stakeholders to develop a roadmap.
What makes you a good fit:
- Proficient in Python, 7+ years of development
- Experienced in developing well abstracted test frameworks , 5+ years
- Experienced with connected hardware products, 3+ years
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/