Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
At Skydio, our mission is to make the world more productive, creative, and safe with autonomous flight. As part of Skydio's Communications team, you will work closely with cross-functional partners, customers, and external stakeholders to communicate our company narrative in a cohesive way. This is the perfect role for a scrappy self-starter who is excited to learn, grow and tell incredible stories.
As the second member of our in-house communications team, the Senior Communications Manager will play a pivotal role in shaping Skydio's narrative and external communications strategy. This role works closely with our product and policy teams as well as senior leadership to support business critical initiatives.
This position reports to our Head of Communications and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
How you'll make an impact:
- Help shape the communications and PR strategy to support Skydio's mission, brand, and products.
- Build strategic and creative media campaigns to drive product awareness and understanding across Skydio's consumer, enterprise and public sector customers.
- Collaborate closely across teams and customers to mine unique, relevant story ideas and bring them to life through earned media coverage and owned content.
- Foster deep and productive relationships with media across a range of areas, including tech, policy, and aerospace.
- Develop "outside-the-box" breakthrough opportunities to define and differentiate Skydio's core narrative and brand.
- Partner with Skydio leadership to support and source a range of media, editorial and speaking opportunities.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar of strategic content for Skydio-owned channels
- Establish shared metrics and analytics to evaluate success
What makes you a good fit:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of communications experience, in-house or at a PR agency. Background in technology communications preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and a passion for storytelling
- Collaborative, can-do approach with a bias for action and execution
- A growth mindset, with experience working in fast-paced, dynamic industries
- A strong track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with reporters and editors
- Self-motivated, humble and collaborative
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills with strong ability to develop new, innovative ways to drive communications in a rapidly changing environment
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/