Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are seeking a motivated AP Accountant to help the company scale our Accounts Payable function. The ideal candidate will have a good technical background in payables that can be leveraged to automate and improve processes. This role reports to the Accounting Manager and will work closely with other Finance team members and cross functionally with other departments.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Own new vendor setups by acquiring W-9 forms and entering vendor information into NetSuite.
- Ensure all new employees are set up in Concur and Netsuite.
- Ensure compliance with the Company T&E policy by reviewing expenses in Concur and bookings in TripActions.
- Manage and improve the company-wide purchase order process.
- Assist with managing credit cards charges and validating receipts are captured.
- Review, code and process invoices in Bill.com.
- Reconcile Bill.com to Netsuite and follow up on any variances.
- Monitor communications from employees and vendors ensure invoices are processed and paid in a timely manner.
- Document and improve AP processes and procedures.
- Book journal entries and review account reconciliations for AP related close items.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and tasks as requested.
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience; Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance or related degree.
- Experience at growing companies, preferably startups.
- Experience with TripActions, Concur, NetSuite, bill.com preferred.
- Manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment while maintaining precision.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a strong focus on organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of comfort working with all levels of management, employees, and vendors.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal direction from management to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/