Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
Skydio’s Program Manager, new vehicle introduction will be responsible for overall execution and sustaining activities for a major product group. This is a high-impact position that will play a key role in managing efforts across a world class team spanning AI, software, hardware, operations, marketing, direct sales, and support.
Based on breakthrough autonomy, our products are used for everything from capturing amazing video to inspecting critical infrastructure to providing situational awareness for first-responders and soldiers. But we’re still early in delivering our vision. Realizing the full opportunity will require exceptional coordination and prioritization of a complex product ecosystem serving a diverse array of customers.
How you'll make an impact:
- Drive execution and delivery of new hardware and software products through exceptional organization, communication, and leadership.
- Create centralized sources of truth for schedules and program plans with clarity for all stakeholders on key gates and decisions.
- Collaborate with functional teams and program managers to continually track progress and steer decision-making.
- Work with the leadership team to continually align priorities across programs and make key decisions.
- Champion a culture of collaboration, accountability, and clear communication with a fanatical focus on execution and product excellence.
What makes you a good fit:
- You are a leader with a proven track record delivering complex hardware/software products.
- You are an exceptional communicator who can establish credibility at the executive level and drive cross-functional alignment.
- You are highly organized with the ability to prioritize work in fast-paced environments on accelerated schedules.
- You think strategically within the business context.
- You can drive nuanced technical discussions, and with an eye for areas that might be getting missed.
- Bonus points: You have experience with centralized, cross-functional program management function(s)
- 2+ years working in Tier1 consulting a plus
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/