Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
As the Consumer Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for managing marketing programs to drive brand awareness for Skydio's consumer applications for autonomous drones. You will work with the Head of Consumer Marketing to develop end to end customer -centric marketing campaigns to create awareness and drive consumer demand across key verticals.
You will continually evaluate the latest consumer marketing strategies, growth technologies and best practices to drive innovation, creativity and scale consumer marketing programs.
How you'll make an impact:
- Activate and execute end-to-end campaigns, including management of audiences, creative briefs, creative review, and QA of assets
- Develop and constantly refine deep understanding of the market, competition, market segments and personas to shape Skydio’s consumer marketing strategy
- Work in partnership with product management to develop product launch plans
- Develop compelling messaging that articulates our product and differentiation
- Manage Skydio Ambassador relationships and work with the Head of Social Media to drive content acquisition and increase social reach + engagement through earned media.
- Identify opportunities for promotional events and partnerships within target markets and partner with relevant stakeholders to execute.
- Represent Skydio at Marketing events and establish yourself as an insightful voice in the consumer drone market
- Identify opportunities to optimize existing campaigns, and tactics to improve overall program performance and ROI.
- Work cross-functionally with Creative, Social, Customer Success and Sales Operations to contribute to a consumer marketing strategy to surprise and delight our customers and evangelize the Skydio brand.
- Employ best practices to achieve growth goals while also experimenting with creative and less-proven strategies.
- Establish shared metrics and analytics to evaluate Marketing’s impact on consumer sales.
- Deliver weekly and monthly reporting to easily communicate success metrics to leadership.
What makes you a good fit:
- Bachelor degree required
- 3-5+ years of experience in a consumer marketing role for consumer electronics, hardware or softgoods, ideally working in a customer centric environment.
- You have an innate interest in consumer technology and a natural curiosity to learn more about the drone industry
- Exceptional writing/communication skills
- Experience developing co-marketing programs with external partners, brands and influencers.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Collaborative, can-do mindset with a bias for action and execution
- Self-motivated, and persuasive, with a warm and nurturing personality.
- Data-driven with experience developing a KPI framework, optimizing metrics and tracking performance against growth goals.
- Basic understanding of digital marketing, advertising and CRM.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills.
- Superb organization skills and attention to detail.
- Prior experience using marketing automation, customer data platforms and reporting tools, such as Google Analytics is a bonus.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/