Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
Join the world leader in aerial autonomy as we grow exponentially across multiple industries and use cases, drastically increasing the safety and efficiency of our customer’s inspection and situational awareness missions.
About the role:
As a Sales Director at Skydio, you will lead a team of individual contributors covering the U.S. East to expand our business into key enterprise industries. We are looking for a leader to build and cultivate a high-caliber team that executes with self-initiative, operational excellence, and a relentless drive to achieve Sales targets. This position reports to our VP of Sales - Americas and works closely with our Go-to-Market teams to deliver industry-leading autonomous solutions to our customers. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing sales organization and accelerate the growth of both Skydio and the commercial UAV industry overall.
How you'll make an impact:
- Directly manage a team of Account Executives to consistently meet and exceed Sales goals
- Support ongoing growth and development including hiring, training, and mentoring reps
- Develop a deep understanding of our Enterprise customers’ pain points in order to effectively communicate Skydio’s value proposition and offer solutions that provide value to their business
- Collaborate with Sales Operations, Marketing, and Customer Success to refine strategy, optimize processes, and set your team up for success
- Track, analyze, and accurately forecast business across the territory
What makes you a good fit:
- 7-10+ years of successful enterprise software, hardware, or SaaS sales experience
- 4+ years of Sales Management experience, preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- Demonstrated track record of building and leading high-performing teams that drive revenue growth
- Self-starter mentality - you are resourceful, take action, and can be decisive with little oversight
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - you are confident, articulate, and comfortable interfacing with both internal and external stakeholders
- Familiarity with the MEDDIC sales qualification methodology or similar preferred
- Proven utilization of sophisticated sales process methodology
- UAV or end-user industry understanding preferred
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/