Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role: Skydio is developing the world’s most advanced self-flying drone and we’re looking for a Flight Test Operator focused on mobile UX/UI testing to join our Flight Testing Team. If you’re interested in helping transform incredibly advanced, state-of-the-art autonomy into a polished and intuitive mobile experience, we would love to hear from you.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Live on the cutting edge of our development cycle, testing and improving new Android and iOS features
- Help to create a polished user experience through full interface validation test plans
- Ensure UI/UX aspects of the product flow seamlessly by working closely with design, engineering, and other members of the testing team
- Run through regression and smoke tests and refine test plans to help capture and report bugs before they reach the customer
- Provide detailed bug reports to the Engineering Team using JIRA bug tracking software
- Assist in system test execution manually running smoke tests
- Collaborate with the software engineers to help refine test cases and update test plans
- Participate in the end to end software development life cycle
What makes you a good fit:
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary product development teams to identify, track, and resolve cosmetic and functional bugs in pre-release software
- Part 107 license
- UAS system knowledge and familiarity with mechanical and electrical systems, and troubleshooting
- A great sense of how to find vulnerabilities in design and demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong familiarity with the latest iOS and Android operating systems
- Experience using bug tracking tools like JIRA as part of a team
- Experience developing and writing test plans from initial Product Requirement Documentation
- Experience testing autonomous hardware platforms
- Experience testing mobile apps for consumer hardware products is a plus
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnany, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/