Skydio is the leading US drone company and the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Hardware Compliance Engineer to help guide the wireless and hardware engineering teams as we design, develop and launch custom, integrated solutions that enable our revolutionary autonomous flight technology.
How you'll make an impact:
- Be a technical expert in the field of product compliance for Skydio, driving all product certification activities, with internal teams and external test laboratories as they relate to EMC, WLAN, and LTE certifications
- Work closely with wireless engineers to develop cutting-edge test methodologies for new technologies
- Ensure product requirements are clearly defined and well-understood across multidisciplinary engineering teams and project groups (pdm, SW, firmware, electrical, mechanical)
- Work with engineering management and internal teams to define plans, prioritize engineering efforts, and generally ensure that all aspects critical to the product development cycle are met
- Throughout the development cycle, track progress, communicate, and escalate issues as appropriate
- You will have the ability to predict, communicate and mitigate issues while tracking and replanning deliveries to meet the major milestones
What makes you a good fit:
- Demonstrable excellence in managing wireless systems integrated into consumer electronics. Experience in both HW and SW deliveries is critical
- Proven track record designing, testing, or manufacturing WLAN and / or LTE systems at consumer scale
- Familiarity with wireless compliance for FCC & ETSI standards
- Exceptional communication skills and natural ability to motivate/drive cross-functional internal teams and external vendors/partners towards a common goal
- Highly analytical with the ability to organize and distill data as a key driver of rigorous product development decisions
- You will be interfacing with highly technical teams, so an engineering degree or comparable work experience is required
- Ability to remain flexible, calm, and creative in the face of uncertainty
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multidisciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex/gender (including pregnany, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/