Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are seeking a talented multi-disciplinary engineer to define, implement, and continuously improve manufacturing test processes. In this role, your contributions will ensure that products are defect free, exceed quality requirements, and function reliably for our customers.
How you'll make an impact:
- Collaborate with product design, quality, manufacturing, and software teams to define manufacturing test plans at the sub assembly and system level
- Create automated functional test equipment (ATE)
- Design PCB and mechanical interfaces between the device under test (DUT) and the ATE
- Produce schematics, electrical wiring diagrams, and bill of material for the ATE
- Build and qualify the ATE for use on the production floor
- Work with manufacturing engineering and software infrastructure teams to integrate ATE into the manufacturing process and test framework
- Work with the product design team to identify and incorporate design for test optimizations into the product design
- Proactively identify test related issues throughout product build cycles and drive for timely resolution
What makes you a good fit:
- 5+ years of experience working with test automation in consumer or industrial electronics
- Strong electromechanical experience in designing automated test equipment
- Expert in communication interface protocols (UART, USB, I2C)
- Electrical design and PCB layout (Cadence, Pads, Eagle, Fusion 360) to interface with DUT
- Capable of coding in Python
- Enthusiasm for hands-on development of creative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, and cross-functional teamwork skills
- Ability to conduct detailed root cause / failure analysis for manufacturing test and equipment issues
- Experience with PLCs, Arduino, and Fusion 360 is a plus
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/