Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
We are seeking a Cost Accountant with a strong background in a manufacturing environment and good understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory/cost accounting. The Cost Accountant will support the Cost Accounting manager by supporting all aspects of inventory and cost accounting from the transaction level up to financial reporting. This role will be a key Finance business partner to the Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Logistics teams.
How you'll make an impact:
- Maintain all standard costs for material, labor and overhead in Netsuite
- Record all journal entries related to inventory and cost accounting
- Review & approve all material related purchase orders
- Perform account reconciliations for inventory and cost related GL Accounts
- Assist with managing inventory and cost accounting close, including deliverables from internal and external resources
- Quarterly Cost Monitors to analyze variances for decision making to business leadership
- Own per unit cost analysis and run different scenarios based on changes to fixed / variable costs and levels of production
- Provide Accounting oversight and review for quarterly physical inventory and ongoing cycle counts
- Document and improve manufacturing accounting controls, processes, systems and procedures
- Partner with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Logistics, Engineering and other internal departments
What makes you a good fit:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related area
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounting
- Experience in Netsuite ERP
- Experience with detailed cost accounting at a manufacturing company
- Previous experience in a startup
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Self starter and proactive personality with a proven track record of following through and delivering on responsibilities
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/