Skydio is the leading US drone manufacturer and world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders.
About the role:
As a Federal Contracts Manager at Skydio, you will serve as a counterpart to Government Contracting Officer and other procurement professionals for all contracts and related matters.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Oversee and evaluate major proposals, monitor compliance and performance on existing contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Analyse the impact of modifications and revisions to contract terms and prepares recommendations and risk reviews for management
- Maintain an accurate audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondences, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, etc.
- Establish & negotiate collaborative agreements
What would make you a good fit:
- US Citizen with Active Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Experience & Skills
- You have expertise with both traditional and non traditional acquisition methods—the entire contracting toolkit—from OT agreements and SBIR contracts to middle tier acquisition and rapid prototyping
- Demonstrated understanding (interpretation and compliance at a senior level) of and experience with FAR and DFARS, especially with FAR Part 12 and FAR Part 15
- Understanding of Cost Accounting Standards, Export Administration Regulations and International Traffic in Arms Regulations
- 10+ years of experience in managing federal contracts and contract compliance in support of federal customers
- Certified Federal Contract Manager (CFCM) is a plus
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture.
As such, we do not make hiring or other employment-related decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, generic information or characteristics, veteran, military or family status, or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local anti-discrimination laws.
For positions located in the United States of America, our company Skydio, Inc. uses E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/